YOUR SUPPORT IS A COMMITMENT TO THE FUTURE
2023 will be a big year for Spruill, and it’s all about growth. We began more than 45 years ago in a small church space and have grown to serve more than 8000 people every year at the Spruill education center and Spruill Gallery.
To accommodate an overflowing population and to plan for the future, we’re expanding our building to add much-needed classroom, studio and community space. And within these spaces we’ll grow our programs by reaching out to remove barriers to arts opportunities for people in our community who have been underserved.
New Outreach Programs
- The expansion of the pilot program Arts for Alzheimer’s – to be renamed Creative Connections, an art education program for individuals living with memory loss and their care partners.
- Scholarships for school-aged children to attend school break camps, summer camps and after-school programs.
- Spruill Peer Artist Network, a coursework centered program to help artists elevate their business skills.
- Free Community Art Closet.
- Young Adult Scholarship Program aimed at removing economic barriers to cultural opportunities for an under-resourced demographic.
- Scholarship program to provide at-risk teens access to instruction and digital equipment to learn digital art and design.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
A recent study by the Knight Foundation found that across demographic groups, people who say their neighborhood has easy access to arts and cultural amenities are more satisfied with their community and invest more time and resources into it. As a Spruill supporter, your investment helps to ignite our growth and help build a thriving, healthy place to live.
We hope you will consider making a donation to our Annual Fund campaign as we continue to inspire a stewardship of the Arts in our community.
Please, donate to our Annual Fund today.