Registration Policies & FAQ
Spruill Center Registration Office:
The Spruill Center for the Arts has reopened. Office hours are subject to change. Please call ahead to make an appointment at 770-394-3447, x 0 or email at email@example.com
Appointments must be confirmed by a Spruill employee.
Monday-Friday: 10:00am-12:00noon and 1:00pm-5:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Spruill Gallery Hours, call 770.394.4019
The Spruill Center offers day, evening, and weekend classes for Adults, Teens, and Children in a wide variety of visual art media. Browse listings across all of our departments, including: Jewelry, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media, Sculpture, Decorative Arts, and more. Click on the major listing and the department to view our offerings and see what classes are currently available.
All classes are held at the Spruill Education Center unless otherwise stated or notified by the Registration Office. In the event that a course is held off-site, directions will be provided. For room location, check posted room use lists located at the entrances of the Education Center at the time of class.
Our instructors are professional artists, teachers and college professors. They are chosen for their artistic talent and their ability to successfully communicate skills, techniques, and processes to students. Regular course and special workshop instructors are independent contractors. As such, they design their course curriculum and can answer more in depth questions about their classes. Most instructors have contact information available for students. Contact the Registration Office at 770.394.3447 x 0 for more information or visit the Classes area of our website to view the Instructor Bios section. Summer Camp Instructors are SCA Employees. They are subject to background checks at both the state and federal levels.
We do have any scholarships available in our Ceramics Department and there are a limited number of scholarships available for our Summer Camp program. Please contact our Education Director at 770.394.3447, extension 229.
Click here to learn more about donating to our scholarship funds.
The preferred method of registering is online at spruillarts.org. Due to COVID-19 in-person registration is not permitted. If you are unable to register online you can complete an Adult Registration Form, Youth Registration Form, or Summer Camp Registration Form (depending on the class for which you are registering). The paper form can be faxed, mailed, or placed in the drop box outside of room 19 at the Education Center, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. The paper form can be found in the paper catalog, or download it here. Spaces will not be held without a registration form and/or payment.
Visa, Master Card, Discover, Cash, or Check. We do not accept American Express.
- Spruill Arts does not pro-rate course fees.
- Monies will not be held as a credit for future use.
- There is a $30 Returned Check Fee.
We offer summer camps each year for children ages 5-14, choosing projects based on the campers’ age and the theme. There are a limited number of scholarships available for our summer camp program made possible through donations. Contact the Education Director for more information, 770.394.3447 x 229.
For your convenience, After-Care sessions are available by request only from 4:00-6:00pm. Parent/Guardian is required to email the Camp Director providing the following information.
Email Subject Line: After-Care Request
Body Email Should Include: Campers first name, last name, age and the date need for After-Care. Name of the person who will be picking up the camper(s).
Please await an reply email from the Camp Director as confirmation that your request has been received.
The email will include health and safety guidelines for picking up camper(s) and a link to pay for After-Care Services through Spruill’s online portal. Payment must be received the day prior to the requested date by 5pm. If payment is not received the camper will not be enrolled in After-Care and will need to be picked up immediately. A late fee will be applied if staff is charged to stay with camper(s) after carpool pick up.
Camp Director: Leontyne Robinson
The membership discount is $20 for all classes that are greater than $100. For classes $100 or less the membership discount will range from $10-$15, depending on the cost of the course.
The December 31st date in the membership registration is for accounting purposes only to reflect the year in which the payment was processed. See the date in the header of your email receipt; any course that begins prior to one year from that date will qualify for the member rate.
To pay for membership online, select the membership level and click continue. You may add course registrations after your membership. The member fee will be reflected in your enrollment cart. You may also print, complete, and fax a membership form. Household members’ names must be called in to the Registration Office at 770.394.3447 x 0 or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the bottom of the Home page, click on “Student Login” under the “Links” section.
- Click “Add New Account” under the “New Student?” heading.
- Choose a password and fill in your information in the fields provided. More than one email login may be used for multiple accounts if needed.
- Look Up Course by navigating through our Course Listing page.
- Select the course fee options. If you have a valid membership, select the member rate. If your membership is not active the member rate will not be listed. The donation is optional. Uncheck this box if you choose not to contribute to program costs.
- Click on “Finish Registration”
- Read the release of all claims. You must click Agreed to continue your registration. It is required to attend any of our courses.
- To add more courses click “Cancel” or “Add More Courses” from the Enrollment Card page.
- Once all desired classes have been added, click “Finish Registration”.
- Click “Submit” to begin the online payment process.
- Complete the payment information on the payment form. Be sure that the card information is correct and the billing address is the same as it appears on your credit card billing statement.
- Click Submit
- Once the registration is complete a “Click to Complete” button will appear. Click on this button.
- Confirmation – the Registration Confirmation page will provide notification of enrollment. A confirmation e-mail including the course date, time, and payment information will be sent to you via e-mail. At this time, you can safely log out of the system.
***Important Note for those paying by Credit Card: the wait page will be displayed to you while the system awaits credit card approval. DO NOT click the Back button, select another URL or stop the transaction by moving away from the page until the process is completed. The approval process will be aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
The temporary password for existing students who have not previously used the registration form is as follows: first initial (lowercase), last initial (lowercase), zip code. For Example Sally Spruill living in zip code 30338 would be ss30338. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be prompted to change your password immediately. If you have forgotten your password, the Registration Office staff can reset it for you. Please note: Spruill Center staff cannot view your password. The same e-mail address can be used for multiple students as long as the password for each student account is unique.
To see a list of your course registrations, go to My History section of the online registration system.
Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Pets are not permitted in the building. Only service animals are allowed on the premises.
The Spruill Arts Education Center is handicapped accessible. Programs and facilities are offered to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or creed.
The Spruill Center for the Arts has reopened and we’ve implemented several new policies and procedures to ensure a safe, fun, and creative environment for our students. During the time we were closed, our staff formalized new safety measures and stockpiled the necessary cleaning supplies and equipment to operate the center again.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- This list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Spruill Arts reserves the right to refuse/cancel registration, change or cancel any class for any reason. Students will be notified of class cancellations and changes. See below for details:
Course Changes/ Cancellations
- Changes/cancellations initiated by a student will incur a fee and MUST be accepted by an SCA employee.
- There is a fee and deadline for all student cancellations and transfers, see below for details based on course, workshop, or camp type:
- The Spruill Center reserves the right to refuse/cancel registration, change or cancel any class for any reason.
- Students will be notified in the event of a course changed or cancelled by SCA as soon as possible.
- No refunds, transfers, and cancellations after a course has begun or beyond the registration deadline.
- Emergency/Medical refunds may be available at the discretion of the Registrar with documentation.
- Memberships and donations are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Monies will not be held as a credit for future use.
- Previously retained fees due to a student initiated cancellation or transfer will not be refunded for any reason
In the case of inclement weather, Spruill Center for the Arts does not close in accordance with the DeKalb County or any other county school systems. Students will be contacted directly by their instructor if a course meeting is delayed or postponed.