In response to the negative economic impact that DeKalb County citizens have suffered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DeKalb County allocated $125,000 dollars to launch a Non-Profit based Grant Program through Spruill Center for the Arts to assist residents who work in the arts and entertainment industry that have an immediate need for overdue rent, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, food, or other unforeseen financial/ emergency needs.
Funding for this program will come from the CARES ACT funding signed into law on March 27, 2020 that was allocated to DeKalb County to address the COVID-19 crisis. Spruill Center for the Arts will distribute grant awards on behalf of Dekalb County of up to $20,000 to assist artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19. The amount of the award will be based on evidence of need, application rating, and availability of funds.
These grants are intended to specifically cover documented costs associated with overdue rent, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, food, virtual learning assistance or other unforeseen financial/ emergency needs.
- Must be a resident of DeKalb County.
- Applicants must be identified as an art professional and have documented proof of profession.
- An individual or non-profit organization in any artistic disciplines which includes, but is no limited to music, dance, drama, theatre programs, creative writing, painting, sculpture, literature, architecture, folk arts, visual arts, media, and other major art forms.
- Demonstrate a financial hardship caused or exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Not a DeKalb County employee, or an immediate family member of any of the RPCA staff or collaborators.
- Have not received an Arts and Culture Grant since the onset of COVID-19 or under the Cares Act since March 2020.
Applications are due on October 30, 2020.
Completed applications and accompanying documents can be initially submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may also be sent via mail or delivered in person by October 30th to:
Spruill Center for the Arts
5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338