The Spruill Center for the Arts is proud to welcome back the Student & Faculty Juried Exhibition, a judged collection of work by students and instructors to be shown at Spruill Gallery this summer.
June 8 – August 19, 2017
The exhibit is only open to current Spruill Arts Students & Instructors.
Spruill Gallery is proud to announce the 2017 Student and Faculty Juried Exhibition. Submissions from all artists at Spruill Arts are being sought to assemble the best work currently being produced. To curate this exhibition, Spruill has selected leaders in the Atlanta art community to serve as jurors. We anticipate an exciting and thoughtful exhibition of work designed to embrace and promote Spruill artists and programs. It will also help to fulfill our mission of promoting the visual arts in Atlanta by creating a forum for active interchange between artists and the community.
Please note: All submitted work must be for sale.
- Submissions accepted: May 2 – 13 or by appointment
- Work DUE: Saturday May 13 (by 5pm)
- Notification to artists by Sat. May 27
- Pick up of unaccepted work: May 27 – 31
- Installation of exhibition: May 31 – June 7
- Opening Reception and Awards: Thur. June 8, 6-9pm
- Exhibition dates: June 8 – August 19, 2017
- Pick up of exhibit work: August 22 – 26 (by appt only)
- Best in Show: $1000
- Best Faculty: $ 500
- Best Student: $ 500
- *People’s Choice: $ 150 Spruill Gift Certificate
*People’s Choice Award will be voted on by patrons present at the reception on June 8*
Open call to all students and instructors 18 and older that have participated in a course at the Spruill Center for the Arts between 2015 and 2017. Student submissions should be created at Spruill Arts and/or be influenced by their coursework. Please do not submit work that has been shown in a previous exhibit at Spruill Arts or Spruill Gallery. Works created in a class or workshop at another institution are not eligible.
Exhibition Details & Expectations
- Work by Spruill Arts Students and Instructors in all mediums – up to 3 pieces per artist
- ENTRY FEE: $40 entry fee for up to 3 submissions, checks or cash only please
- Awards will be given during the Opening Reception on June 8th at 7:30pm
- 2D work must be ready for hanging, simple frame with wire, name printed on back of each piece
- 3D work must be ready for display, name printed on back or bottom of each piece
- DELIVERY DATES: May 2-13, 2017, Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM or by appointment
- TIME: Tuesday-Saturday, 10am – 5pm
- Submit art and paperwork to Spruill Gallery, 4681 Ashford Dunwoody Rd.
- Complete and sign all required forms
Please submit all artwork and completed paperwork no later than 5pm, Saturday May 13, 2017
Submissions can be dropped off at Spruill Gallery from 10am-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
We need the following with your submission:
- Printed and completed Submission Form and Exhibition Loan Agreement (both attached)
- Typed Title List of the submitted works to include: title, date, medium, dimensions, instructor, class, retail price and any other information necessary for the juror
- Typed Artist Biography
- Short typed Artist Statement